Wednesday 31 March 2021

Cognitive Realisation and Upliftments

 This blog corresponds to the reactions and more reasonable thinking of my thoughts. This is a how-to guide, which will allow me to re-verify the thoughts and act and analyze accordingly. 

  1. No Motivation to Work - - 
    1. No, I have got a good appraisal, I got Bonuses beyond my pay.
    2. My Boss's behavior had been good to me
  2. I do not have bipolar, I might have occasional mood swings
  3. No episodes of mania, non-Euphoric, No high energy levels.
  4. Major Depression Episodes. Dysthymia (depression crossing more than 2 years). Persistent Depression.
  5. Weed - - SUBSTANCE ABUSE
  6. I was asked If I feel 
    1. HOPELESSNESS
    2. WORTHLESSNESS
    3. HELPLESSNESS
  7. The environment within me differs a lot concerning the environment outside of me.
  8. I am Happier in this current job.
  9. To avoid the symptoms of Depression I have been using SUBSTANCE.
  10. Weed has elevated the symptom, but it is not the only cause.
  11. Weed is keeping it persistent.
  12. PREPAREDNESS
  13. I cannot be prepared for everything the great example is COVID- I was not prepared, Most of the world was not prepared still, we are managing to deal with it.
  14. To create the Thought Record.

Date & Time | Situation | Thoughts | Emotions | Physiological Reactions | Behavioral | 

2104,27/03/21 | Imaginary situation, where I was not reading magazines | Wastage of money, I should read more often, Already so much time wastes, All the other things are going in the same direction. | Worried, Loss of Motivation | Anxious | Read the Magazine |

1330,29/03/21 | I was lying down scrolling FB | Imaginary, I am not been able to understand what my parents are feeling, Thought of If I will be able to live with my parents | Confused Scared to face | | | 

1517,29/03/21 | Watching Zubeidaa |Imaginary Thought, Thinking that I am wasting time could have done something better, But do not know what | Worried about work, studies | Increased Heart Rate | Deep Breathing while watching |

0930,30/03/21 | Making Dosa | Happened through the work, It did not take proper shape | Restless, Angry, Not Satisfied, Failed attempt scenario | Increased Heart Rate, Body temperature increased | Shared It with a friend when he explained how it did not take shape for him at his first try and then after some point of time, they were able to make it. |

Strengths: 
  •  Good with Logic.
  •  Learning skills through practices.
  •  Trying to find solutions.
  •  Started with Strength.
  •  Problem Solver.
  • Avoiding conflicts and arguments.
Weakness:
  •  Get distracted, GIve up quickly, Unpreparedness.
  • Not a good decision-maker.  

Therapy :

Date & Time | Situation | Thoughts | Emotions | Physiological Reactions | Behavioral | 

2104,27/03/21 | Imaginary situation, where I was not reading magazines | Wastage of money, I should read more often, Already so much time wastes, All the other things are going in the same direction. | Worried, Loss of Motivation | Anxious | Read the Magazine |

Other things:
  1. Committed to competitive programming.
  2. Reading other Books.
  3. Pending office work.
How I felt at that time?
Worried - 85%
Sad -  80%
Motivation Loss - 90%
Anxious - 60%

I was asked to add two more columns: 

 Alternate Response | Outcome | 

Alternative Response for the above scenario is:
  •  There is no such evidence that I lost so much time, there is still time left.
  •  I can still read them.
  • If I put in a few more hours, I can still finish what I Think I lost.
  • I can divide my time on this.
  • Monitor my activity, Schedule my day's activity
  •  By giving some more time, I could regain by giving few more hours.
  • I did not waste money I got them with the good intention of reading, I am slow but I am reading them.
COGNITIVE DISTORTIONS :
    Overexaggerated
    Overgeneralization -  
  1. I draw a general conclusion based on a small amount of evidence, for example (I already lost time)
  2. I did not waste money, I haven't lost them or burnt them, I still possess them.
    Selective Abstraction - 
  1. I paid attention to the negative aspects of the situation instead of considering the entire exp[erience of reading -- (Overgeneralization)
I should read more often : 

COGNITIVE DISTORTIONS: 
    Imperative
    Rigidity
    Should / Must statements.

  1. Unreasonably rigid idea how I or others should / must behave.
  2. Reading is my hobby, I will do it when I find the time.
  3. I should not be always doing my absolute best.
  4. Nobody is perfect, I have my UPs and DOWNs.
  5. For my happy survivals, I would enjoy what I am doing other than MECHANICAL / CALCULATING
  6. I would be enjoying my reading other than being strict/rigid and mechanical.
  7. Not completing the essay, rather than understanding and applying it to myself.
  8. Reading has to be a hobby, not monotonous, It should be taken as a hobby

Outcome: 

Alternate Thoughts (imaginary/real)
Contradictory to what I actually want/need from life. Truly want in life.

After these How do I feel now???

Worried - 0%
Sad -  0%
Motivation Loss - 0%
Anxious - 0%
 

  • I will try to break down the mental and actual events into my thought record.
  • Questions to help me compose an alternative response?
WHENEVER I NOTICE MY MOOD GETTING WORSE - 

I should be asking myself: 
  1. What is going through my mind RIGHT NOW?
  2. What was I thinking A MOMENT AGO?
  3. What just CROSSED MY MIND?
AUTOMATIC THOUGHTS: most of them are automatic.

  • Cognitive Distortions I made.
  • Evidence that automatic thoughts are true or not true.
  • Is there an Alternative response or explanation to this?
  • WHAT IS THE BEST THAT COULD HAPPEN?
  • WHAT IS THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN?
  • COULD I LIVE THROUGH THIS?
  • What is the most realistic outcome?
  • What is the effect of my believing the automatic thought? (PSYCHOLOGICAL/EMOTIONAL)
  • What could be the effect of changing my thinking?
I HAVE TO BE VERY SPONTANEOUS WITH THE RESPONSES

  • What should I do about it?
  • If my BEST FRIEND was in the situation what would I tell him/her?
  • I have to be very clear about what I think and what I feel. They are different.  
COGNITIVE DISTORTIONS:

ALL OR NOTHING THINKING:
I see things in Black and White, Example - I have to do a great job on everything else I am a loser. I have to do everything perfectly.

FORTUNE TELLING:
Negative predictions on what will happen when other outcomes are likely. Example - I will have trouble completing a book or office-work or pending-work, etc.

LABELLING:
the globally negative label on myself. Example - I am a failure for making a mistake.

EMOTIONAL REASONING:
I believe something must be true because it feels true but actually may be different. Example - I must be incompetent or less competent.  

SELECTIVE ABSTRACTION:
I pay attention to only negative abstractions, instead of entire events.

OVERGENERALIZATION:

MIND READING:
What others are thinking about me.

PERSONALISATION:
I take others' actions very personally when the intentions are different. Example - They did that to me on purpose, They wanted this to happen, They wanted to see my downfall.

IMPERATIVE:
How others must or should behave with me. I should learn to let go of SHOULD/MUST statements.

MAGNIFICATION of negative and MINIMIZATION of positive
I exaggerate the negative and minimize the positive. I should apply the memory in a very very good way. Logic and Common Sense must go hand in hand. 

CATASTROPHISING
I feel the things will eventually end up in catastrophe.


ALL in ALL the session was amazing 😊 and pretty much insightful and great, I actually felt really really happy after realizing what and moreover how I should be feeling about the things.

    

 


No comments:

Post a Comment